“CattyShack” 9th Annual Dinner and Auction
Furry Friends is hosting its ninth annual dinner and auction fundraiser on Saturday, September 30th from 5 PM to 9 PM at the Firstenburg Community Center, 700 NE 136th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98668
While this year’s theme, “CattyShack,” encourages attendees to wear costumes that reflect fun loving and golfing antics of the film “CaddyShack,” dressing in line with the theme is purely optional.
Festivities begin at 5 PM with guests having their complimentary photos taken and placing bids on the dazzling assortment of silent auction items. Dinner, catered by Summerland Catering, will then be served, offering a vegetarian entrée and a dessert bar. The live auction, gaveled by auctioneer Doug Quinn will follow, and the evening will conclude with the awarding of the prize for the most popular “CattyShack” costume.
Salmon Creek Plastic Surgery, Kathy Angelo Construction and Iron Gate Storage are sponsoring the event, while, among the donations from local businesses and individuals will include trips, winery tours and tastings, gift certificates to local eateries, gift baskets, pet items, personal items and handmade gifts.
Advance tickets are $50 per person and $55 at the door. Tickets will go on sale in late June and will be available through PayPal at www.furryfriendswa.org. For those interested in donating a NEW item worth $30 or more to the auction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations will be accepted until August 31st, 2017.
All proceeds from the event will be used to fund operating costs, building improvements on the recently purchased halfway house, medical costs and care of the cats.
Join Our Team!
The auction committee can use your help to make our event the best ever! Become part of our team. Contribute your ideas, talent and creativity!
- Help with mailings.
- Pick up donations.
- Distribute posters and flyers.
- Work on the silent auction and check out during the event.
You can help us raise money for our kitties through sponsorship or donations!
Consider the local merchants that you go to regularly. Just ask the folks that you already have a relationship with if they would like to donate an item, gift certificate or a monetary donation to help pay for the auction.
We welcome all types of donations of new items! Some popular ones are:
- Digital cameras and eReaders
- Pet items for dogs, cats, or birds
- Purses or backpacks
- Quilts or handmade crafts
- Gift certificates
- Golf and sports equipment
- Home electronics
- Blue tooth speakers
- Home décor
- Garden décor
Here are some ideas
Team up with a friend and create a really cool theme basket to donate!
- Baking Basket - Cookie cutters, measuring cups, spoons, oven mitt, baking pans, apron & cookbook.
- Ice Cream Basket - Toppings, sundae dishes, waffle bowls and cones, sprinkles, ice cream scoop & cherries.
- Game Night – Storage basket full of Go Fish, Uno, Crazy Eights, regular deck of cards, Old Maids, pencils and tablet to keep score.
- Relaxation– Handmade soaps, bath salts, candles, bubble bath, lotion, eye mask, bath pillow, massage oil, and spa certificate.
- Grilling Basket - Grilling tools, grilling mitt/pad, grilling spices, marinades, grilling vegetable basket, meat thermometer, apron, and skewers.
- Bird Watching Basket - Bird house, bird feeder, woodpecker bars, bird seed, binoculars, bird ID book, suet, and suet holder.
- Tool Box - Tool box, hammer, screw drivers, saw, vice grips, wrenches and gift certificate to a home improvement store.
Have fun and be creative!
Pick your own Theme~
Gift Certificates are a bonus!
DO YOU HAVE A DONATION FOR US?
Please click on the button below to download a donor form to complete and add to your donation.