Furry Friends, founded in 1999, is a Vancouver, WA, 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill cat rescue and adoption organization.
We strive to help cats in the Vancouver-Portland Metropolitan and surrounding area receive the medical services and companionship they need. We are operated entirely by volunteers. Our Mission is to rescue abused, abandoned or otherwise homeless cats and house them in a safe, healthy and socialized environment until we find new “forever homes” for them. Furry Friends is funded by both individual and corporate donations; and as a 501(c)(3), non-profit, donations are tax deductable.
Recent Posts from our Blog
- As a lifelong believer in rescue, Lisa has owned more than twenty rescue cats over the years, and in keeping …»
- Dear Cat Lovers, This is the story of three cats: Bandit, April and Angel. I was fortunate to have adopted …»
- A long time adopter and adorer of felines, Pam was no stranger to those warm, fuzzy feelings when she “cat …»
Furry Friends + The Columbian = A Purrfect Match!
Furry Friends volunteers have been writing for The Columbian's Cat Tales blog! If you are interested in cat care and behavior, stop by Cat Tales for your weekly dose of kitty tips.
- Paws Up for National Cat Day
For decades, designated days have been devoted to an increasing number of awareness raising issues. And since 2005, raising awareness about the crucial issue of cat adoption has had its own […]
- What’s In Your Cat’s Food?
Anyone familiar with the expression, “You are what you eat”, will understand that cats are only as healthy as the food in their bowls. An ever-increasing number of nutrition […]
- The Why, What and How of TNR
For far too long, colonies of feral cats have been a blot on the landscape of far too many communities. But there’s a solution that benefits both these communities and the colonies that […]