Furry Friends, founded in 1999, is a Vancouver, WA, 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill cat rescue and adoption organization.
We strive to help cats in the Vancouver-Portland Metropolitan and surrounding area receive the medical services and companionship they need. We are operated entirely by volunteers. Our Mission is to rescue abused, abandoned or otherwise homeless cats and house them in a safe, healthy and socialized environment until we find new “forever homes” for them. Furry Friends is funded by both individual and corporate donations; and as a 501(c)(3), non-profit, donations are tax deductable.
Recent Posts from our Blog
- Dear Cat Lovers, This is the story of three cats: Bandit, April and Angel. I was fortunate to have adopted …»
- A long time adopter and adorer of felines, Pam was no stranger to those warm, fuzzy feelings when she “cat …»
- “What can I say about our sweet, sweet Korra, except that she’s the light of our lives!” Faith admits. “She …»
Furry Friends + The Columbian = A Purrfect Match!
Furry Friends volunteers have been writing for The Columbian's Cat Tales blog! If you are interested in cat care and behavior, stop by Cat Tales for your weekly dose of kitty tips.
- What’s In Your Cat’s Food?
Anyone familiar with the expression, “You are what you eat”, will understand that cats are only as healthy as the food in their bowls. An ever-increasing number of nutrition […]
- The Why, What and How of TNR
For far too long, colonies of feral cats have been a blot on the landscape of far too many communities. But there’s a solution that benefits both these communities and the colonies that […]
- Clean Cat Ears 101
While your cat’s sensitive ears may discern the distinctive sound of a can of food being opened in the kitchen, a human’s helping hand can ensure those ears remain clear and clean by […]