Furry Friends, founded in 1999, is a Vancouver, WA, 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill cat rescue and adoption organization.
We strive to help cats in the Vancouver-Portland Metropolitan and surrounding area receive the medical services and companionship they need. We are operated entirely by volunteers. Our Mission is to rescue abused, abandoned or otherwise homeless cats and house them in a safe, healthy and socialized environment until we find new “forever homes” for them. Furry Friends is funded by both individual and corporate donations; and as a 501(c)(3), non-profit, donations are tax deductable.
Recent Posts from our Blog
- After 17 years of operation, Furry Friends has a home of its own. The nonprofit purchased its first home on …»
- Often the only balm for a broken heart is the unconditional love of an animal. So it was with Pamela, …»
- When Grimm (formerly called Gatsby) fell asleep in the hood of Tess’s sweater during one of her volunteer rounds at …»
Furry Friends + The Columbian = A Purrfect Match!
Furry Friends volunteers have been writing for The Columbian's Cat Tales blog! If you are interested in cat care and behavior, stop by Cat Tales for your weekly dose of kitty tips.
- ACHOO! Cat Breeds for Allergy Sufferers
Are you for cats but your allergies are against them? Don’t despair. There ARE solutions. Although not purr-fect, they are certainly more paws-itive. But first: Allergies 101. What […]
- A Feline Friendly Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a festive time, filled with feasting, family, and friends. But it’s also a time of potential distress for our feline companions. Any changes in a cat’s regular […]
- BLACK CATS: WICKED OR WONDERFUL?
For centuries, black cats were revered. Then, in the blink of a great, green eye, their fortunes were reversed. What changed history’s good luck charm into a symbol of all things bad? Is […]