Furry Friends, founded in 1999, is a Vancouver, WA, 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill cat rescue and adoption organization.
We strive to help cats in the Vancouver-Portland Metropolitan and surrounding area receive the medical services and companionship they need. We are operated entirely by volunteers. Our Mission is to rescue abused, abandoned or otherwise homeless cats and house them in a safe, healthy and socialized environment until we find new “forever homes” for them. Furry Friends is funded by both individual and corporate donations; and as a 501(c)(3), non-profit, donations are tax deductable.
Recent Posts from our Blog
- When the Chapman family decided it was time to adopt a kitten, they discovered us, as many do, though paws-itive …»
- As often happens, the kitty you ultimately choose is not the one who originally caught your eye. So it was …»
- Sandy Bush is a person that loves animals so much that she has dedicated her life to their well being. …»
Furry Friends + The Columbian = A Purrfect Match!
Furry Friends volunteers have been writing for The Columbian's Cat Tales blog! If you are interested in cat care and behavior, stop by Cat Tales for your weekly dose of kitty tips.
- Senior Cats’ Seven Most Common Illnesses
Like humans, cats are living longer, and like humans, their increased life span brings with it an increase in diseases. The following are the seven most common ailments afflicting aging felines. […]
- Grooming Self-Groomers
Although cats are famously fastidious self-groomers, committed cat guardians should work hand in paw with their precious pets to improve on Mother Nature’s instinctual behavior. Grooming, […]
- A Year of Rescue Resolutions for YOU!
Have you thought of adding some new and different resolutions to your traditional New Year’s list? Have you ever thought of getting involved in the world of animal rescue, but didn’t […]